The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents THE 14TH ANNUAL FEST OF TAILS Come out and celebrate fall with
The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents
THE 14TH ANNUAL FEST OF TAILS
Come out and celebrate fall with family fun in the park at the 14th Annual Fest Of Tails!
Fest Of Tails is a free family-friendly kite festival and dog fair set for Saturday, October 9th, 2021 from 10 AM – 4 PM at McAllister Park.
This event welcomes kite and dog enthusiasts from near and far! All guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair to watch the spectacular sky views and meet new furry friends. Fest Of Tails has events and activities for the entire family.
To kick off the event, the City of San Antonio’s Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting their annual Tree Adoption, where attendees can receive a FREE tree to take home and plant! The Fest welcomes the return of fan favorite, the Pooch Parade and Costume Contest! More details can be found below, register here: https://bit.ly/2021poochparadereg
McAllister Park is a beautiful scene filled with live entertainment, various food options, a variety of vendors, and more! For all dog enthusiasts, pet products, treats, and clothing will be available for purchase. Information on pet registration, vaccinations, rescues, and more, will also be available through various participating animal welfare organizations and businesses.
As always, Fest Of Tails is 100% FREE to the public! We encourage families to bring the kids & the pups and come enjoy a day of family fun in the park!
The San Antonio Parks Foundation would like to thank all official sponsors of Fest of Tails: Sinclair Broadcasting, Texas Public Radio, and City of San Antonio’s Parks and Recreation Department!
The event is free, all-ages, and open to the public.
POOCH PARADE & COSTUME CONTEST INFORMATION
Check-in/on-site registration for the Pooch Parade’s Best Dressed Dog, Most Resembles Owner, and Best of Show competitions will begin at 10 AM and end at 12 PM. Early registration is available at this link. Participants who register early must still check-in at the San Antonio Parks Foundation Info Booth between 10 AM and 12 PM before the parade begins.
Dogs registered will participate in the Pooch Parade; competition judging will be held at the end of the parade. The Pooch Parade will commence promptly at 12:30 PM and is open to the public at no charge.
• Contestants must register dog(s) before event and display their registration number at all times
• There will be Youth divisions for all competitions (13 years old and younger)
• Adults must assist children under 10 years old
• Contestants can enter more than one dog per competition, but each dog must be registered
• Pairs or groups may be registered as a team
• All dogs must be on leash during Pooch Parade and for judging
• Dogs must be under voice control at all times
• Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
• Contestants must arrive at competition site 10 minutes prior to the parade kick off
• Judges’ decisions are final
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
13102 Jones Maltsberger Rd