The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents THE 15TH ANNUAL FEST OF TAILS Come
The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents
THE 15TH ANNUAL FEST OF TAILS
Come out and celebrate spring with family fun in the park at the 15th Annual Fest Of Tails! Fest Of Tails is a free kite festival and dog fair set for Saturday, March 12th from 10 AM – 4 PM at McAllister Park.
In honor of our 15th year, we’re introducing “Tour de Tails,” a bicycle ride along the Salado Creek Greenway that ends at Fest Of Tails – begin at Lady Bird Johnson Trailhead (3 miles) or Hardberger Trailhead (10 miles) and cruise your way to McAllister Park with groups led by SATX Social Ride volunteers! ActivateSA and SA Babes On Bikes will be distributing trail maps and highlighting safety practices and trail etiquette. Groups of riders led by SATX Social Ride volunteers will leave each trailhead every hour beginning at 10 AM. There will be Bike Valet with The Kickstand available at the festival for those who wish to park their bikes while enjoying the festival.
AT THE FEST
- Kite demonstrations and family kite flying – kites will be available for purchase
- Pooch Parade and Costume Contest presented by H-E-B! Costume Contest categories include Best Dressed Dog, Most Resembles Owner, and Best In Show. Parade begins at 12:30 PM – register here: https://bit.ly/3s6j8k5
- All-ages bicycle safety course hosted by Ghisallo Cycling Initiative
- Stationary roller races with San Antonio Gold Sprints hosted near the Pump Track at McAllister Park
- Pet adoptions with Animal Defense League
- City of San Antonio Parks & Recreation Mobile Fit Unit
- Sweet treats, festival fare, live music, and more!
This event welcomes kite, dog, and cycling enthusiasts from near and far! All guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair to watch the spectacular sky views and meet new furry friends. Fest Of Tails has events and activities for the entire family.
McAllister Park is a beautiful scene filled with live entertainment, various food options, a variety of vendors, and more! For all dog enthusiasts, pet products, treats, and clothing will be available for purchase. Information on pet registration, vaccinations, rescues, and more, will also be available through various participating animal welfare organizations and businesses.
As always, Fest Of Tails is 100% FREE to the public! We encourage families to bring the kids & the pups and come enjoy a day of family fun in the park!
The San Antonio Parks Foundation would like to thank all official sponsors of Fest of Tails: H-E-B, News4 SA, Texas Public Radio, Ghisallo Cycling Initiative, iHeart Radio, The Kickstand, Starglow Energy, American Kite Association, and City of San Antonio’s Parks and Recreation Department.
POOCH PARADE & COSTUME CONTEST INFORMATION
Check-in/on-site registration for the Pooch Parade’s Best Dressed Dog, Most Resembles Owner, and Best of Show competitions will begin at 10 AM and end at 12 PM. Early registration is available at this link. Participants who register early must still check-in at the San Antonio Parks Foundation Info Booth between 10 AM and 12 PM before the parade begins.
Dogs registered will participate in the Pooch Parade; competition judging will be held at the end of the parade. The Pooch Parade will commence promptly at 12:30 PM and is open to the public at no charge.
• Contestants must register dog(s) before event and display their registration number at all times
• There will be Youth divisions for all competitions (13 years old and younger)
• Adults must assist children under 10 years old
• Contestants can enter more than one dog per competition, but each dog must be registered
• Pairs or groups may be registered as a team
• All dogs must be on leash during Pooch Parade and for judging
• Dogs must be under voice control at all times
• Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
• Contestants must arrive at competition site 10 minutes prior to the parade kick off
• Judges’ decisions are final
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
13102 Jones Maltsberger Rd