The San Antonio Parks Foundation and the City of San Antonio's Parks and Recreation Department Present OUTSIDE FOR ALL The 2nd Annual Outside for All event
The San Antonio Parks Foundation and the City of San Antonio’s Parks and Recreation Department Present
OUTSIDE FOR ALL
The 2nd Annual Outside for All event is set for Saturday, May 15th from 9 am – 2 pm at the Japanese Tea Garden in Brackenridge Park!
Outside for All is an outdoor celebration of our community’s wide variety of outdoor recreation and green space opportunities. The event also provides an opportunity to acknowledge successes and explore additional opportunities, while improving San Antonio’s health and well-being through intentional inclusion, thoughtful discussion, and educational information.
By providing park users a platform to share their ideas and concerns, Outside for All will help the community at-large, as well as area governmental leaders, gain an understanding of public needs, in order to fully utilize resources for outdoor spaces, including diversity, walkability, security, transportation connectivity, and wellness.
The event is free and includes optional activities for everyone, such as the following:
• Exhibitor displays from local area non-profit organizations that focus on or promote outdoor initiatives and activities. Exhibitors include Southern Wildlife Rehabilitation, Black Outside, Ghisallo Cycling Initiative, Latino Outdoors, Green Spaces Alliance, Compost Queens, and Friends of San Antonio Natural Areas.
• The event’s keynote speaker is Brandon Logan, Urban Capital Partners Founder and CEO, Executive Director of the Doug Williams Center for the Study of Race and Politics in Sports and Executive Producer of the acclaimed documentary, “Living in My Skin”
• Student and Adult panel discussions on park equity and accessibility
• Ask the Director Q&A with Parks Director Homer Garcia III
• A Learn Nature Live Animal Presentation featuring a lesson on the animals that live all around us and how they make our world a happier place
• Educational materials on the importance of parks and green spaces to our quality of life
• Fun giveaways and learning experiences, such as the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department’s “Park a la Carte” activity boxes, developed by Dr. Sylvia Reyna, that feature family activities by age group
• A survey link will be offered to collect data to prioritize needs of our community
*All event guests, exhibitors, volunteers, and staff acknowledge the following on the day of the event:
You are not infected with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who does have it
You have not had or been experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
All event participants, including guests, exhibitors, volunteers, and staff MUST report to the San Antonio Parks Foundation and San Antonio Metropolitan Health Department if signs/symptoms develop within 7 days after being present at this event
You will wear a face mask/covering when physical distancing or 6ft is not able to be followed
To view the Facebook Event Page and RSVP for the event, please CLICK HERE
To take the Outside for All survey, please CLICK HERE
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Japanese Tea Garden
3853 N St. Mary's Street